History FRAM

HISTORY  ESTABLISHMENT OF FIRE TRAINING CENTER  

Fire Training Establishment began in 1940, formally established under the government 'British Military Administration (BMA) in Penang under control' B.J. Brown with a membership of 150 people. In 1952 the fire training drafted by the 'Fire Service Inspectorate' for coordination across the country.  

Fire Training Center was first established in Gombak, Selangor in 1957. Known as the Malayan Union Fire Training School.
Commander of the training center when it is Lt. Col. Watkins. When the Fire Training Center under the administration
'Fire Services Inspectorate Panels', which serves to provide fire training to firefighters from the state fire department, military and civil servants.  

Due to the occurrence of expansion and the addition of members and officials of the fire brigade, thereby to improve the knowledge and skills so that in 1972 a Fire Training Center was newly built in Kuala Kubu Bharu on a piece of land of 12 acres known as the Fire Training Center , Malaysia Kuala Kubu Bharu.  

The result of the changes and developments that are in line on the Fire and Rescue Services throughout the world, the Government has approved the construction of a Fire and Rescue Academy Malaysia Wakaf Tapai, Marang, Terengganu as the best and largest in Asia include:

  • Ease of training and simulation of fire fighting and rescue area of 250 acres
  • Encompassing 350 acres (144 hectares)
  • Ease of administration, academic, accommodation coaches, staff housing, sports and leisure
  • Hostels, dining halls and mosques for 1,000 trainees at a time

 


Copyright © 2017 A.B.P.M - AKADEMI BOMBA DAN PENYELAMAT MALAYSIA