Background

Looking back the history of fire and rescue training center , fire training center first built in 1957 in Gombak , Selangor with the name Malayan Union Fire Training School . The first commander was then LT . COL . Watkins where ' Fire Services Inspectorate Panels are a school administrator training and serves as a body for fire training to firefighters and the Fire Department of State , Army and Civil Servants . In 1976 all the Fire Department in the states have been consolidated under federal administration , until the consolidation of Sabah and Sarawak in 1981 .

Along with the rapid development after independence, the number of officers and firefighters also increased . On the need to produce officers and firefighters who are knowledgeable and skilled in the science of fire , Fire Training Center was built in 1972 at the Kuala Kubu Bharu , Selangor with an area of 12 acres and in 1997 its name was changed to the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Academy . In 1982 the Fire and Rescue Training Center Sarawak Region was established , followed by the Fire and Rescue Training Centre Region Shah Alam , Selangor in 1984. In 1987 the Fire and Rescue Training Centre Region and in 1997 Sabah Fire and Rescue Training Center Region Ipoh established .

In line with the restructuring of the department that's approved in 2008 , all Academy and Training Center was upgraded starting in 2009. Now all fire training institution known as FIRE AND RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA ( ABPM ) .

It consists of five locations, namely : -

  • FIRE RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA , Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor Darul Ehsan .
  • FIRE RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA , Endowments Lounge , TERENGGANU Darul Imam .
  • FIRE RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA , IPOH , Perak .
  • FIRE RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA , SABAH .
  • FIRE RESCUE ACADEMY MALAYSIA , SARAWAK .

Copyright © 2017 A.B.P.M - AKADEMI BOMBA DAN PENYELAMAT MALAYSIA